NC Outdoor Adventure's goal"Our goal is to offer a trip for any adventurer, whatever your interest or abilities are. We employ the industry’s most passionate, and competent certified guides, and we offer each guest a new feeling of excitement, confidence, and awareness" - Scott and Christy Thrift
North Carolina Outdoor Adventures is family owned and opperated by N.C. natives Christy and Scott Thrift. Christy and Scott met in 2008 at a climbing gym, one week after Christy had returned from a medical mission in Africa. Christy and Scott were introduced by a mutual climbing friend and two years later they got engaged on Stone Mountain N.C. while she was hanging 80 ft off the side of the mountain!
Both Christy and Scott have a passion for the outdoors and travel. Having understood that the best way to become successful is to follow one's passions; the Thrifts decided to take all of their most loved activities to create NC Outdoor Adventures (NCOA), a business that would allow them to share these experiences, personal growth and adventure with others.
Why Choose NC Outdoor Adventures?
Adventurers, Families, Couples, and Friends
- More trip options than any other North Carolina adventure guide company. We offer over over 21 different trips including; tubing, rafting, climbing, rappelling, waterfall rappelling, hiking, camping, youth programs and wild edible plant walkabouts.
- Competitively priced adventure packages that allow you to sample multiple activities.
- Charismatic staff who are both fun, safe, well trained and experienced.
You are the foundation of our company, and the reason we come to work every day.
NC Outdoor Adventures is the best guide company in the region for large group outings. Our small company size and boutique approach allows us to cater trips to your group needs, while providing the most competitive rates in Western North Carolina.
- The most flexible course packaging and price structure of any NC or local guide service.
- Catered "boutique style" adventure packages perfect for family reunions, youth activities, birthdays, bachelor and bachelorette parties.
- Experienced staff to help with your logistical needs from day one.
Our mission is to offer comprehensive, yet simple, instruction that instills confidence and self-reliance into every climber we work with. Our education philosophy revolves around teaching three concepts, Actions (Belay, ascend, descend), Tools (transition techniques, rescue techniques, lead techniques) and Applications (terrain, experience, and environmental considerations) through three simple questions: “what to do”, “how to do it” and “when to do it”. Our guides are professional, friendly, knowledgeable and passionate about providing services to their community- through our work we support climbing access by donating a percentage of our profits every year to the Carolina Climbers Coalition.
- Comprehensive yet simple to understand instruction.
- The most competitively priced courses with the best paid guides in the industry.
- Continued support to all course alumni.