NC Outdoor Adventure's goal
“Our goal is to offer a trip for any adventurer, whatever your interest or abilities are. We employ the industry’s most passionate, and competent certified guides, and we offer each guest a new feeling of excitement, confidence, and awareness”
– Scott and Christy Thrift
North Carolina Outdoor Adventures is family owned and opperated by N.C. natives Christy and Scott Thrift. Christy and Scott met in 2008 at a climbing gym, one week after Christy had returned from a medical mission in Africa. Christy and Scott were introduced by a mutual climbing friend and two years later they got engaged on Stone Mountain N.C. while she was hanging 80 ft off the side of the mountain!
Both Christy and Scott have a passion for the outdoors and travel. Having understood that the best way to become successful is to follow one’s passions; the Thrifts decided to take all of their most loved activities to create NC Outdoor Adventures (NCOA), a business that would allow them to share these experiences, personal growth and adventure with others.
Why Choose NC Outdoor Adventures?
- Created in 2012 NCOA (aka: Thrifty Adventures) has over 2 decades of experience guiding unique wilderness tours. Scott Thrift, one of the owners started guiding on Mount Rainier in 2002.
- NCOA Has the most charismatic staff who are both fun, safe, well trained, and experienced.
- You are the foundation of our company, and the reason we come to work every day.
- While NC Outdoor Adventures has trips across NC/SC and TN their homebase is in one of the most picturesque and adventure-filled parts of the Blue Ridge Mountains on the NC/TN border. NCOA’s River Outpost Store and Unique Farm Stay Luxury Lodging are located alongside the Toe River.
- NO CROWDS!!!! Why do you ask? This is due to the remote, off the beaten path location of NC Outdoor Adventures. This makes our spot the perfect place for those looking to disconnect and truly experience nature. Prime Spot for families, large groups and camps looking for a more privately catered to them experiences! We even host the occasional intimate farm weddings and family reunions!
Note: We might be located off the beaten path, but we are 20 minutes from everything you need located in three adorable small mountain towns, Bakersville, Spruce Pine and Burnsville NC! We also have some great small stores located around us in Tipton Hill, Red Hill, Loafers Glory NC
NC Outdoor Adventures is the best guide company in the region for large group outings. Our small company size and boutique approach allows us to cater trips to your group needs, while providing the most competitive rates in Western North Carolina.
- The most flexible course packaging and price structure of any NC or local guide service.
- Catered “boutique style” adventure packages perfect for family reunions, youth activities, birthdays, bachelor, and bachelorette parties.
- Experienced staff to help with your logistical needs from day one.