Max Group Size
This hands on course teaches three self-rescue techniques EVERY CLIMBER SHOULD KNOW! The day will start with brief introductions followed by ground school, lunch, and finishing the day with mock scenario practice. Ground school topics include…
- The why, when, and how for using friction hitches and mechanical rope grabbing devices.
- Simple techniques to unload a weighted rope.
- Ways of creating mechanical advantage to assist your partner up.
Scenario practice will include…
- Transferring a weighted belay. (aka. escaping the system)
- Ascending a rope.
- Counter balance rappels.
Pre-Requisites:Climbers must have working knowledge of belaying, tying in, and partner checks. Climbers should review the munter mule overhand prior to the course.
Locations and Times:
- June 5th. Table Rock, NC. 8:30am-5pm.
- Date TBD. CCC Fund Raiser at Rocky Face Recreational Area. 9am-4pm**