Hi everyone! We really miss our guests and we wanted to take this time to update you on a few things!
First, we will be opening Saturday, May 16th. This includes our Tiny House lodging option and most of our 20+ adventure trips.
Our Outpost and Tiny Hike shop will open Memorial Day weekend.
When we open the safety of our guides and guests will be priority. This is our phase 1 plan. NCOA closed on 3/20/20. Since that time, we have developed new policy and procedures to deal with the COVID threat. This is what we will be doing to keep our staff and guests safe: staff screenings, cleaning of all equipment and shuttles after each use, hand sanitizer for anyone entering the outpost and shuttles. During phase 1 we will only be offering private group trips. These trips will need to be groups of no more than 10 and must consist of individuals who have spent time together during quarantine or live in the same household. For lodging we will be cleaning more frequently and are looking into professional cleaning services and products.
We will look into opening our public trips at the end of phase 2, possibly phase 3. The decision will be based on state and county guidelines.
Moving on to what our guests can look forward to this season:
- all 4 Toe River whitewater trips. This includes 2 options for ages 5+ and 2 options for ages 13+. Some of our new full day trips include lunch from local restaurants including: Red Hill Grocery, Southern Ridge Café, DT’s, Bonnie & Clyde’s and Tropical Grill.
- rafting is available on high water days when the Toe is a minimum of 3 feet high
- flatwater and tubing trips will take place daily starting at 10 am, last trip time will be 4 pm.
- We will also continue to have guided plant and waterfall hikes where you can learn about wild edible plants. Providing the food tasting after is still under consideration as we look at COVID food guidelines.
- We are also offering tote and float boat rentals
- Guests can still book all of our rock-climbing trips (for beginners and advanced climbers) as well as rappelling and waterfall rappelling trips. Advanced booking of at least 7 days required.
- New this year will be our full moon paddle trips on the beautiful Toe River…the headwaters for the Noli. We are also offering free movie nights at the farm where we can easily socially distance with lawn chairs and an outdoor projector. Movies featured will be: Free Solo, Dawn Wall and Reel Rock and some children adventure movies.
We are so happy that NC Outdoor Adventures is the most diverse guide service in the Carolinas. Our diversity of offering over 20 trips might just have saved us from having to close our doors for good.
So on to the bad news. Sadly, this year we will not be able to run our Spider Lily Paddle Trips. This decision was made based on several factors with the main issue being the decision of SC to implement capacity restrictions, with the gates closing when reached. This means we cannot grantee paying guests park entry. Guests booked have been contacted.
Two other trips not being offered at this time include: river ecology snorkel trips and our learn to swim community days. These two activities make adequately social distancing impossible.
At this time we thank you for watching our video and hope you will make some future plans that include NC Outdoor Adventures!!!!
All details and booking can be done online at www.ncoutdooradventures.org or via phone/message.
Please remember we are still a great option for camps, scouts, family reunions and friend and family outings. Advanced booking is STRONGLY encouraged during phase 1! Stay safe and healthy and we hope to see you soon!