Description: Wither you are a leader or a follower, if you are climbing multi-pitch you should consider a multi-pitch self-rescue course. This course teaches you the must knows for getting to your injured partner and getting you both back to the ground. The day will start with introductions then go directly into topic demonstration and practice. Topics will focus on….
- Applying the patient assessment triangle to climbing.
- Using a knot pass technique to lower your partner.
- Transition from a direct belay to indirect counter balance rappel.
- Fixing you and your partner to an anchor using a spider system.
- Transition to a tandem rappel.
- Leader rescue.
Pre-Requisites: Climbers must be able to 1) Asscend a fixed rope using device of choice. 2) Create a mechanical advantage system when belaying form above. 3) Completed a basic climbing self-rescue course or have basic self rescue knowledge. Climbers should consider refreshing on the munter mule over hand before the course date. link
Locations and Times:
- July 17th. Table Rock, NC. 8:00am-5:00pm
- September 18th. Table Rock, NC. 8:00am-5:00pm
Number of Participants: 2-3
*All courses must be registered for 7 days prior to the course date. Late registrants are accepted on a case by case basis. Please Email. Additionally, we offer 100% flexible pricing for those who inquire. Please email to inquire on our "Pay What You Can (PWYC)" model and reserve your spot today.